Wednesday, 17 March 2010
Events: Craft rally
Craft Rally is a series of inclusive and dynamic seminars for makers, supported by the Crafts Council; an opportunity for makers to exchange information and ideas both online and offline.
Part 1: London
Date: Thursday 25 March 2010; 10am – 5pm; evening event 5pm – 7pm
Venue: Chelsea College of Art and Design, 16 John Islip Street, London SW1P 4JU
Tickets for this event are £40 per place.
Speakers, participants and contributors to the inaugural event in London include:
* Rebecca Earley and the TED (Textiles, Environment, Design) team
* Shane Waltener
* Professor Kay Politowicz
* Paul Harper and maker development group Alias
* David Gates
* Dr. Becky Shaw
* Zoe Laughlin
* Clare Qualmann
Special events and activities include:
* Repair & Mend sessions: Breathe new life into old and damaged clothes and ceramics in these practical sessions.
* Talking Heads: Add your voice to the video vox pop that will collect ideas about contemporary crafts practice in a series of interviews with Rally delegates.
* Dialogue Forum: An opportunity for informal conversation, dialogue and networking with speakers and other delegates in Craft Rally HQ.
* Non-Confidential by the Bricolage Textile Collective: Rally delegates will be invited to leave feedback, make comment, or note an idea, on event tablecloths through stitch and print.
* Sampler- Culture Clash performance networking drinks and a performance bringing together the worlds of embroidery and DJing through collaboration with embroiderers, dj’s, beat-boxers, performance poets, filmmakers, curators from the V&A and the Embroiderers’ Guild.
See the Craft Rally page for full information and booking.
Part 2: Sheffield
Date: Friday 23 April 2010; 1.30pm - 5.00 pm
Venue: Museums Sheffield: Millennium Galleries, Learning Centre
Tickets for this event are £20 per place.
Discounted booking of £50 if you book for both Sheffield and London Event
Book now to avoid disappointment!
See the Artquest website for full information and booking details.